Princeton Theological Seminary offers seven master’s degree programs. Students will find diversity and experiential learning at the forefront of Princeton Seminary’s new curriculum. Students are exposed to different theological voices and perspectives on campus and in the community. Coursework emphasizes the development of each individual student's spiritual life and goals, while preparing them with the leadership development and academic rigor essential for flourishing in the 21st century.
The result is a variety of programs that prepare students to meet the current and future needs of both church and society:
- Master of Divinity: a three-year program designed to prepare students for diverse ministries of congregational leadership, for graduate study in theology and related disciplines, and for various types of ministries
- Master of Theological Studies: a flexible two-year academic degree designed to equip graduates for a doctoral level program, teaching positions, or for various forms of specialized ministry
- Master of Arts in Theology and Ecology: 13-month program, rooted in in Princeton Theological Seminary's Farminary, that forms leaders for service by immersing students in a community of embodied theological reflection.
- Master of Arts in Theology (Justice and Public Life): a two-year part-time, hybrid graduate program designed for working professionals who wish to lead social change toward justice.
- Master of Arts in Christian Education and Formation: a two-year program emphasizing theory and practice for the ministry of education and formation for the church, which includes basic studies in Bible, theology, church history, and practical theology
- Dual degree: a four-year MDiv/MACEF program designed for those who want to integrate preparation for ministry in the church with an emphasis in teaching, youth and young adult ministries, and spiritual formation and mission
- Master of Theology: designed for students who wish to deepen their preparation for ministry beyond the MDiv or MTS or who desire to prepare for specialized ministries of the church