Sarah Ann Bixler is a PhD student in practical theology, focusing on Christian education and formation. Her academic interests center on adolescent formation and congregational studies. Sarah coauthored a proposal at Princeton Seminary to start the Center for Church Planting and Revitalization, for which she works as assistant to the director during her doctoral studies. Her pre-seminary experience includes roles as a youth minister, middle judicatory administrator, classroom teacher, residence director and curriculum writer. Her professors have described Sarah as a master teacher, emerging practical theologian and scholar with embodied wisdom. While committed to scholarly inquiry, Sarah also cares deeply about the church and is part of Mennonite Church USA. She lives in Princeton, NJ with her husband, Benjamin Bixler, and their three children.
- “Can I Get a Witness? Transforming the Common Shock of Patriarchy.” In I’ve Got the Power: Naming and Reclaiming Power as a Force for Good, ed. Jennifer Castro, 9-25. Elkhart, IN: Women in Leadership Project, Mennonite Church USA, 2018.
- “Searching for Self: Community as a Conduit for God’s Deepest Transformation,” in Education with the Grain of the Universe: A Nonviolent Program for the Future of Mennonite Schools, Colleges, and Universities, ed. J. Denny Weaver, 194-207. Telford, PA: Cascadia, 2017.
- “Reframing the Self(ie).” Journal of Youth and Theology 16, No. 1 (2017): 25-45.
- “The Violent Shadow: Considering John Howard Yoder’s Sexual Misconduct from a Jungian Psychological Perspective.” Princeton Theological Review 19, No. 1 (Spring 2016): 5-19.
- “Eastside Church (Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA).” Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Eastside_Church_(Harrisonburg,_Virginia,_USA).
- “For the Love of Motherhood: Theological Reflections on Birth, Miscarriage and Infant Loss.” In All You Need Is Love: Honoring the Diversity of Women’s Voices in Theology. Ed. Jennifer Castro, 33-40. Elkhart, IN: Mennonite Church USA, CreateSpace Independent Publishing, 2016.