Summer Language at Princeton Seminary
Why would I take online or hybrid summer Greek or Hebrew at Princeton Theological Seminary?
- Enhance your study of the Bible
- Improve your ability to understand Bible commentaries
- Notice small details that can make a big difference in interpretation
- Meet your degree or ordination requirements in our ATS-accredited program
- Experience theological education at a distance in an intensive format
- Discern whether seminary is a good next step
- Build relationships with other students, both here at Princeton Seminary and elsewhere
- Enjoy the combination of flexible, independent work and live connection
- Become immersed in the language and give it focused attention
"I took Greek on campus and Hebrew online, and the recorded lectures were invaluable to me in both formats. I watched them over and over again when I was stuck on a concept which was often! It was so nice to have a recording of the work we
— Lissette Gonzalez Sosa
Summer language will meet daily, Monday through Friday, from June 27 – August 19. Greek and Hebrew will be offered in both hybrid and online* formats that will include self-paced, independent work integrated with daily, live small group sessions that are punctuated by weekly enrichment gatherings with the whole class online.
These courses are open to students outside of Princeton Theological Seminary degree programs.
*Princeton Theological Seminary is offering Summer Greek and Summer Hebrew online, pending approval to offer distance education by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools.
Cost for Non-Degree Students
- $4,500 for 6 semester credits
- NO APPLICATION FEE
- $750 payment due after admission to confirm placement in the program (before June 1) - nonrefundable
- $3,750 payment due by the first day of the course to officially enroll (before June 27) - 50% refundable up to July 1 ($1,875 refundable if officially withdrawn by July 1; no refunds after July 1)
Cost for Princeton Seminary Degree Students
Summer language courses are billed on a per-credit basis. However, the same scholarship/grant that you have for the normal academic year is also applied to the summer. Any costs left over are due at the start of the summer session.
Apply (Non-Degree Students)
Enroll (Seminary Degree Students)
Admissions Requirements and Deadlines
Non-degree applicants must have completed at least one year of bachelor’s level coursework at the time of admission, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Unofficial copies of your transcript(s) showing undergraduate and any relevant graduate coursework completed for credit can be uploaded directly to the online application.
Current Princeton Seminary degree students should not apply for Summer Language, but can register through the Registrar's Office. Registration for summer language is available upon completing the enrollment steps and closes on June 17.