Volume 5 Number 2
Dear Friends and Colleagues:
The millennial year brought significant changes to the PTS campus.
Historic Miller Chapel received its third major renovation since its construction in 1833. Now handicapped-accessible via a new elevator and beautifully appointed with a Paul Fritts tracker organ (a gift of Mr. Joe R. Engle) and a Steinway piano (a gift of alumnus Sun Hee Kwak), it is again the center of the worship life of the community.
Newly constructed Scheide Hall (made possible by a major gift of trustee emeritus William H. Scheide in honor of the Scheide family) is now the home of the minister of the chapel, the director of music, and the director of student counseling, as well as of the three Seminary choirs.
New faculty included Dr. Richard Fox Young, the Elmer K. and Ethel R. Timby Associate Professor of the History of Religions, and Dr. Dana R. Wright, assistant professor of Christian education.
Joining the Board of Trustees were Nancy Oliver Gray of Spartanburg, South Carolina, Heather Sturt Haaga of La Cañada, California, and Joanne S. Martindale (alumna) of Dayton, New Jersey.
Also this fall we welcomed to the rank of tenured faculty Dr. Deborah van Deusen Hunsinger and Dr. Robert Dykstra. Both have been promoted from assistant to associate professor, and they each write about their current scholarly work in this issue.
All of which is simply to say that there is ever freshness in the air and evidence of renewed vitalities. Princeton Theological Seminary is alive and well.
© Copyright 2001 Princeton Theological Seminary