Please bring your lunch to a panel on “How to Help Someone Struggling With an Eating Disorder” which will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 19th from 12:10 – 1:00 in the Mackay Campus Center, Auditorium B.
Panelists include Leslie Richmand, a therapist who specializes in eating disorders, a woman who battled an eating disorder for 13 years, and Nancy Schongalla-Bowman, Director of Student Counseling.
As a seminarian, it is important to understand this potentially lethal illness which you may be seeing in your friendship circles, your own families, or in ministry settings now and in the future.
Questions the panel will address:
· How do you bring your observations to someone you suspect has an eating disorder?
· Why do those suffering with this illness resist help?
· How does an eating disorder restrict someone’s life?
· What makes recovery so difficult and prolonged?
· What can people do to support someone who struggles with an eating disorder?
Co-sponsored by the Women's Center and the Office of Student Counseling