NOTE: You will be required to sign a copy of these guidelines as part of the registration process.
Rules for the Use of the Collections
Special Collections, Princeton Theological Seminary
Reading room privileges are granted subject to the following conditions, intended to protect collections and to ensure their preservation for future researchers.
1. Keep documents in their existing order.
2. Photo ID must be presented.
3. Sign in daily at the register.
4. Only pencils (not pens), laptop computers (not cases), and cameras are allowed in the reading room. Pencils may be borrowed from the front desk.
5. Stop for inspection on departure.
Permission to use collections: Access to a collection or publication may be restricted in agreement with the donor or because it is in an exhibit, or is awaiting processing or preservation.
Permission to publish: Researchers must secure written permission from the director of special collections to publish (including on a webpage) materials in our collections. In many cases the Seminary does not own literary or artistic rights and the researcher may have to obtain permission from other sources as well.
Security: The reading room and other areas are monitored to prevent theft or misuse of collections.