Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the library open?
- How can I reserve a room in the
Princeton Seminary students must contact the
Office of Student Life to reserve any room on campus.
employees who wish to book a room should use the online master
An alumnus/a or person outside of the Princeton Seminary
community must contact Amy Ehlin, the director of conferences and
hospitality, directly: Amy[dot]Ehlin[at]ptsem[dot]edu or 609.688.1935.
- Where can I find reserve materials and textbooks for my
Reserves and Textbooks
- Where can I learn about on-campus, off-campus, mobile, and wireless access
to library resources, and see which computers are available in the
See Computers and More
- Can I print from my laptop while I am in the library?
Printing | Information Technology
- How can I obtain borrowing privileges?
the Service Desk in the Princeton Theological Seminary Library and be sure to bring
your ID card; see Borrowing
Privileges for details.
- How do I borrow library materials (including reserves)?
See Borrowing and Return of Library
- May Ph.D. candidates borrow more books than other degree
Yes; degree candidates in programs other than Ph.D.
may borrow up to 50 books for a 28 day period. Ph.D. candidates have expanded
borrowing privileges. See also: Borrowing
- How do I recall a book?
If you want or need a book
that is charged out to someone else, you may recall it.
- Can books be renewed?
Yes; you may renew items
online through your PTS Library
Catalog account, but they must be renewed before the actual due date.
- If I cannot locate a book that should be on the shelf, how do I
Alert library staff at the Service Desk, giving them as
much information as possible. A trace will be put on the book and you will be
notified when it is located.
- As a PTS student, may I borrow materials from Princeton
Yes; as a PTS student, you have the privilege of
obtaining a Princeton University library card. Go to the access office in Firestone
Library, the main library, with your PTS ID and another form of identification in
hand. For more information, see Princeton
- As a PTS student, do I have remote access to electronic resources owned by
No, nor do our faculty. However, you have
access to those resources from within PU libraries.
- May I borrow materials not available at the PTS Library or the Princeton
PTS students, faculty and staff, as well as
CTI scholars may use the Princeton Theological Seminary Library's Interlibrary Loan,
or ILL, service; see Interlibrary
Loan for details. Authorized users may complete the ILL Request
- What is an Area of Refuge?
Areas of refuge
are safe places to wait for emergency personnel if you are unable to exit the
building during an emergency.
- Does Princeton Theological Seminary Library have guidelines for
personal conduct in the building?
Yes; please see the Princeton Theological Seminary Library
Code of Conduct.
- Can I carry my drink with me into the library?
Yes, but not
your food. Library Food and Beverage Policy
- Are café hours concurrent with library hours?
No. See Brick Café |
Princeton Theological Seminary Dining
- Where is the pencil sharpener located?
There is a
pencil sharpener in the copy room near the Service Desk on the first floor of the
- Approximately, how many volumes does the library currently
1.3 million books and microforms