The Biblical Studies Department announces openings for positions as preceptors in Hebrew and Greek for the 2014–2015 academic year. M.Div. students should expect to be employed during the fall and spring semesters, but if they are available to be preceptors for summer language instruction, this information should be provided. Interested M.Div. students should write a brief letter of application indicating:
1. interests and reasons for applying,
2. language preference (Hebrew or Greek, though students may apply for both languages),
3. general background in the language (list of relevant courses and grades),
4. two references (names of faculty members at PTS or elsewhere who may comment on student’s abilities) but names only, not letters,
5. past teaching experience,
6. and any other factors that might bear on the student’s general qualifications for those positions.
All letters of application should be sent via email to Professor Heath Dewrell (Hebrew) or Lisa Bowens (Greek). Students applying for both languages should send their applications to both Mr. Dewrell and Ms. Bowens. The application deadline is March 28, 2014.
Ph.D. students interested in serving as teaching assistants for summer language instruction should make their interest known to either Mr. Dewrell (Hebrew) or Ms. Bowens (Greek).