Arts and Transit Update: New Princeton Station to open November 17; Service to Temporary Station Ends November 10
Beginning November 10, a series of transit changes will take place in preparation of the opening of the new Princeton Station, Transit Plaza and Wawa later in the month.
At the conclusion of rail service between Princeton Station and Princeton Junction Station on Sunday, November 9, the temporary Princeton Station will be permanently closed.
There will be no rail service between Princeton Station and Princeton Junction Station from Monday, November 10 through Sunday, November 16. For this period, NJ TRANSIT shuttle buses will substitute for the rail service, stopping at the bus stops on Alexander Street adjacent to the commuter parking lot. The TigerPaWW will also continue to operate with stops at Princeton Junction Station, the Alexander Street northbound bus stop, and the bus stop on College Road across from the McCarter Theatre circle.
On Monday, November 17, Princeton Station will open its new, permanent location and rail service will resume. Ticket vending machines will be located at the end of the station on the platform. TigerPaWW service will be discontinued at noon on November 17.
Also, on Monday, November 17, concurrent with the opening of the Transit Plaza, NJ TRANSIT, TigerTransit and FreeB bus service will begin using the bus stop at the new Princeton Station. The bus stop adjacent to the commuter lot on Alexander Street will then be removed.
Maps showing the new locations for transit services are available online.
North Station Drive
On Thursday, November 13, a new traffic signal will be activated at North Station Drive and Alexander Street.
The new Wawa will open on Friday, November 21. Restrooms will be available 24/7 when the new Wawa opens. The Wawa will continue in its current location until the new location opens.
• On Monday, November 17, the taxi stand will be relocated to the new Transit Plaza.
• On Monday, November 17, the short-term parking areas within the new Transit Plaza and at the north end of the Princeton Station parking lot will open.
• Work in the Princeton Station parking lot will continue through late November, requiring portions of the lot to be closed.
• Additional multi-space meters and parking spaces will be installed along Alexander Street after the bus stops are removed.
• New pedestrian paths will open Monday, November 17, with the new Transit Plaza and Princeton Station.
• As of Monday, November 10, temporary bike racks will be provided adjacent to the bus stops on Alexander Street.
• As of Monday, November 17, bike racks will be available adjancent to the new Princeton Station.
• Information about bike rental and bike lockers at Princeton Station will be available prior to the opening of the new Princeton Station.
Bike Racks at Temporary Princeton Station
Per signage that is currently posted, ALL bike racks currently located at the temporary Princeton Station will be removed in the early morning on Saturday, November 8 in preparation for the removal of the temporary station.
Bike racks have been set up on Alexander Street near the bus shelters. If you use a bike to travel to the station and plan to take the Dinky on November 7, and if you do not expect to return by tonight to retrieve your bike, please park your bike in the racks on Alexander Street near the bus shelters.
Any bikes remaining on the racks adjacent to the temporary station after November 7 will be removed.
If you have any questions, please email Princeton University or call 609.258.8023.