HTI assigns a mentor to each Doctoral and Comprehensive Exams Year fellow. One of the key functions of the mentor will be to assure that fellows move as closely as possible to selecting a dissertation topic during the first year. Mentors will relate personally with the student and with colleagues at the institution where the fellow is enrolled. She/He will specifically meet with the fellow’s advisor to assure that the institution is responsive to the student’s particular needs and interests, or that other avenues are found to meet those needs and interests.
- Visit mentee once in the Fall and Spring
- Meet with faculty and advisors at the student’s academic institution
- Submit a Mentor’s Visit Report in the Fall and Spring (see below to view/print)
- Submit expense receipts for reimbursement from HTI (not to exceed $1500), following current HTI expense guidelines (see Financial Information below to view/print)
- Submit W-9 each calendar year for honoraria disbursements (see below to view/print)
- Attend the Mentor’s Workshop, usually held during the HTI annual Summer Workshop
Help mentee to work towards a teaching experience, and to the presentation and publication of an article (for second or third year fellows.)