All HTI fellows receive an additional networking fund in the amount of $1,000. These funds are distributed when expended. To expend them you must provide Angela Schoepf, HTI Assistant Director, with the attached Networking Funds Request form at least a month prior to the date when you expect to spend the funds. Once Angela has approved your request, please proceed to make the necessary arrangements to attend the event.
Funds may be used for:
- Attendance at academic functions, such as the annual meetings of the American Academy of Religion and the Society of Biblical Literature,
- Covering subscriptions to Apuntes, The Journal of Hispanic/Latino Theology, and fees for membership in the Asociación para la Educación Teológica Hispana (AETH) or the Association of Catholic Hispanic Theologians in the United States (ACHTUS), and
- To request editorial assistance for a paper and/or lecture, up to $300 from the $1000 allotted.
- Any event or activity that will help you advance your doctoral studies.
Once you have expended the funds you must submit the following to Angela Schoepf at the HTI office no more than two weeks after the event.
- One page report detailing how the event helped you advance your doctoral studies
- A completed T-5 form accompanied by the expense receipts. Reimbursement payments require between three to four weeks to be processed. Please refer to the HTI expense guidelines for reimbursement instructions.
Funds cannot be used for:
- Personal phone calls or any calls not related to HTI business
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gasoline (Mileage will be reimbursed at the standard mileage rate established by the Internal Revenue Service)
- Books or other research materials
Plans for networking funds must be used during the award year and reimbursement must be submitted to the HTI office no later than June 30.