Call For Papers
Perspectivas is seeking submissions for an issue that will be dedicated to the Virgin of Guadalupe. We are seeking papers that address this topic from within the following categories:
Arte y Teología/Art and Theology
- typically an essay-length review of one or more recent publications, film, or other media as well as literature and poetry relating to Latino/Hispanic theological and religious issue.
El Mundo y La Iglesia/The World and the Church
- shorter essays on ecumenical church and the contemporary world.
Cruzando Fronteras/Crossing Borders
- essays dealing with interdisciplinary work. Essays by specialists in one theological field, religious tradition or subfield reflecting on a primary text from another theological field, religious tradition or subfield.
Teología en Nuestros Pueblos/Theology From Our People
- essays by experienced pastors, teachers, lawyers, social workers, bringing theological reflection to bear in relation to church practices and emerging forms of church life and mission.
Educación Cristiana/Christian Education
- essays dealing with educational issues regarding the Latina/o community in the academy and the church.
Deadline for Submission: August 15, 2009. Contributors will be notified whether or not their submission has been accepted for publication by September 15, 2009.
Please click here to access the Submission Guidelines.