Be prepared for the Writing
Sessions so you can get your questions answered and receive advice on your
work during the sessions.
- EOP staff are available during Office Hours (schedules in
your itinerary). Feel free to ask
us for advice, proofreading, and assisting you in the library or with
using online databases during these times. We are native English speakers
and have experienced grading by PTS professors. Being available to help
you with this research paper assignment is part of our job, so get your
- Ask friends to check your
paper after you finish writing it, before you submit it. In American culture,
it is perfectly fine to do this. We call it peer editing.
- Use either Zotero or EndNote
computer application to collect and make citations easily. Zotero is
always free. EndNote is free for PTS students to use on campus (you must
uninstall EndNote or purchase your own license directly from EndNote when
you are no longer a current student). The IT department provides support,
including assistance with installation and training.
- Use The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr. and E.B. White.
This thin book explains composition style, and common grammar and spelling
mistakes. It is so famous that people call it “Strunk and White” as a
- Use the official Turabian website:
- Use the Chicago Manual of Style. It is almost exactly the same style as Turabian. The whole book is
- Log in to PTS Community at
http://our.ptsem.edu and download the Writing Center Style Guide PDF file from
- Use A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations
by Kate L. Turabian,
Wayne C. Booth, Gregory Colomb, Joseph M. Williams, and the University of